Taylor Monahan is the Co-Founder of MyEtherWallet, one of the most popular tools of choice for crypto-investors participating in ICOs on the Ethereum Blockchain.
Taylor recently launched a new venture – MyCrypto – an open-source, client-side tool for generating Ether wallets, handling ERC-20 tokens, and interacting with the Blockchain more easily.
In this episode, Taylor and I discuss:
– How MyEtherWallet came to be
– The absence of women in Crypto, and why this technology cannot go mainstream without women
– James Damore, the Google Engineer who got fired for his controversial memo on women’s suitability for engineering jobs (and what that has to do with UFC and Ronda Rousey – yes, there is a connection)
– Taylor’s description of what the ideal ICO looks like
– Her prediction for ICOs over the next decade (hint: it’s not what you think)
SHOW NOTES[00:57] – Who is Taylor Mohanan? What is MyCrypto (formerly MyEtherWallet)? [03:53] – A quick overview of MyCrypto (formerly MyEtherWallet) [05:22] – Taylor’s foray into Ethereum and the early years of MyCrypto (formerly MyEtherWallet) [09:40] – The reason for MyCrypto’s (formerly MyEtherWallet) wild popularity in the Crypto community [11:58] – The difference between a client-side interface and a server-side interface and why that matters [17:07] – The issue of women in Crypto, James Demore, the UFC, and Rhonda Rousey [32:39] – Taylor Monahan talks key issues around token sales in 2017 [37:11] – The hidden dangers of raising too much money from your ICO [40:52] – Taylor’s vision of what a perfect ICO would look like [52:00] – What is airdropping? [54:36] – Blockchain/Crypto companies Taylor is most excited about right now [1:00:37] – Contact details [1:02:00] – Participating in an ICO or holding your own ICO? Listen to Taylor Monahan’s parting piece of advice [1:04:04] – Her opinion on the state of Bitcoin, Ethereum, and ICOs in 10 years (hint: it’s not what you think!) [1:06:28] – Conclusion
– Ubiq (Ethereum fork)
– Anthony Di Iorio interview
– List of Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacks (Mt. Gox and more; updated up to mid-2017)
– MyCrypto.com (ensure you’re on the correct site before transacting)