John is a veteran technology entrepreneur who co-founded a company called “Left” with Chris Jensen.
Their mission is to use technology to change the world.
Left is currently focusing on a project called RightMESH – a software-based, mobile mesh networking platform that enables users with mobile devices to connect via WiFi and Bluetooth without an internet connection.
In this episode, we discuss:
– What a mesh network is
– What WiFi is (hint: you don’t need internet for WiFi)
– How Blockchain solves the identity problem in a mesh network –and–
– The keys to success for Blockchain/Crypto entrepreneurs
SHOW NOTES[00:58] – Who is John Lyotier and what is RightMESH? Introduction and overview [05:11] – What is a mesh network? [06:53 – What is WiFi? Hint: it’s not the Internet [10:02] – The MESH token and the role of Blockchain in the RightMESH model [21:29] – How it all works [25:18] – John goes over some of the biggest challenges RightMESH has faced [33:52] – Are Blockchain/Crypto startups getting spoiled with too much ICO money? [44:44] – John Lyotier describes the sharing culture he found within the Blockchain/Crypto community [50:43] – How will traditional incumbents respond to the disruption RightMESH will cause? [54:13] – Blockchain’s “killer app” according to John (it’s not what you think) [57:57] – John’s take on the state of Bitcoin and Ethereum in 10 years (including a Bitcoin price prediction) [1:01:11] – The RightMESH token sale [1:04:02] – How to get in touch with John Lyotier and RightMesh [1:04:38] – Conclusion
– Google Home (hardware based mesh)
– Why most ICO projects will fail (John Lyotier’s Medium blog post)
– Jason Calacanis (Launch Scale)
– Jed Katz (Javelin Venture Partners)
– Egypt shuts down the internet
– Thomas Linder (MME) interview
– RightMESH on Twitter: @Right_Mesh
– John Lyotier on Twitter: @lyotier
– RightMesh website
– RightMesh whitepaper
– RightMesh token sale site (please double-check): https://www.bitcoinsuisse.ch/rightmesh