Brendan Lee is the CEO & Co-Founder of Nodesmith. He holds a master’s degree in Computer Science, and has spent much of his career building developer platforms.
In this episode, Brendan and I discuss:
– The complexities around running a full node and how Nodesmith solves that problem
– We go over some of the concerns developers and engineers may have. For example, if you outsource your full node, who controls the keys? Or, what are Nodesmith’s API standards?
– And, from an economic perspective, we look at the Nodesmith business model – “Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)”
[01:09] – What is Nodesmith, who is Brendan Lee, and how did he get into blockchain? Introduction and overview
[08:51] – A more detailed overview of Nodesmith
[12:19] – What is the state of the Infrastructure-as-a-Service niche in Blockchain?
[17:53] – The Nodesmith business model
[20:03] – Brendan’s take on the blockchain “Killer App”
[22:56] – His perspective on the blockchain space in 10 years
[24:10] – Brendan’s parting piece of advice
[25:07] – How to get in touch with Brendan
[25:32] – Conclusion
BRENDAN’S PANEL DISCUSSION AT REBUILD
– Ethereum whitepaper
– Web 3.0
– Nodesmith website
– Twitter – @nodesmith
– Email: Brendan [at] nodesmith.io
eToro is an online trading platform founded in 2007, with over 10 million users across 140 countries.
They started offering cryptocurrency trading in 2013, and are now bringing that to the US!
You can trade 14 of the top cryptocurrencies using best-in-class trading tools that are great for both beginners and veteran traders.
My family, friends, and clients consider me the blockchain/crypto guy, and ever since the bitcoin price started going up, the top question I get asked is, ‘Should I buy some bitcoin?’
Here’s the thing, even though I worked in financial services for many years, I am not a financial advisor. Therefore, I cannot give you investment advice. Also, as most of you know, crypto assets are a risky asset class. So again, this is not investment advice.
Here’s what you can do:
– go to https://blockchain.global/eToro
– sign up for an eToro account
– set up a virtual trading portfolio
– get 100,000 virtual dollars that you can use to buy up to 14 cryptocurrencies including bitcoin
That way you get to:
– experience what buying cryptocurrency is like
– see how the markets move
– access all the cool trading tools on the eToro platform, without using any real money
Once you’re comfortable playing around with virtual dollars, you can then decide whether or not to use your own real money.
So again, go to https://blockchain.global/eToro and sign up for your account.